Sunday, April 19, 2009

Funny things...


The girls have been providing me with the best entertainment lately with the hilarious things they say, sometimes in the middle of me being in a funk- usually it can help turn my bad attitude around.  I've decided I've got to write some of these things down, because I'm forgetting them almost as quickly as they are happening.  

Tonight I was reading the girls their bedtime Bible story, we were all huddled on Anna's bed.  After the story I started asking them some questions like, 'how do you feel about that?' 'what blessings from God are you thankful for?', etc.  Anna's face lit up with delight upon realizing that she had the floor and a willing audience.  She started to give an answer, then quickly shot up and ran to the middle of the room.  "Wait!  Let me just get out here in the middle of the floor and preach a little bit," she said.  :)

The other day I was hanging out with Norah (Anna was @ school, Jack asleep) and I started to sing the old Muppet Babies song.  I told her all about how I used to love watching that cartoon and how cute baby Piggy and Kermy were.  Well, at lunch I found an episode on YouTube and let her watch it.  She fell in love with Kermy and kept trying to mimmick his "cute little voice" in her super high pitched tones.  When Anna came home from school that day she said, "Anna!  Mom, can we show Anna Hermit the frog on that show Muffin Babies?!  He's so cute!"

Today at lunch Anna got hurt somehow.  Norah put her hand on Anna and said, "Oh, Anna, it's okay.  You got a little leprosy?"
Thanks to Nancy, a truly magnificent Sunday School teacher :)

Norah has been saying this thing lately whenever she is particularly pleased with her baby brother, Jack.  
"Oh Mom!  Jack is so cute, can we go to the store and get another baby just like this one?"



   

3 comments:

The Hull Munchkins said...

How precious!! I laughed out loud! Wish it was that easy Anna, to get a baby.

Can't wait to see you guys!
-Pabs

coriejones said...

So cute!!! I have to start writing things down too!

Molly and Brad said...

I am still cracking up over here. Your kids are AWESOME!!!!! :)