Wednesday, August 19, 2009

School girl

first day of Kindergarten girl!

Norah gets the honored post of lunch box carrier



Anna finds her name

Anna with her favorite thing in her new
Kindergarten room: teeny tiny animals :)

Our lil' Anna had her first day of Kindergarten on Monday. We parents had some tears, but our gal was all smiles. She loved it- her teacher, the other kids, and especially the bucket full of teeny tiny dogs and cats she got to play with.

Lately I've been reading the memoirs of the great Corrie ten Boom who survived brutal imprisonment and the horrors of concentration camp during WW II for creating a hiding place for Jews in her house. Some of her words have been encouraging me as I face this new phase in my little daughter's life.

She says "Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see."
Lord, her future is in Your hands, help us to trust You as You grow her into the woman You want her to be.

We love you Anna, and are so proud of you just for who you are.

4 comments:

James Lee Younger III said...

Thanks for the words from Tante Corrie... I need those as our girl heads off to school!

Molly and Brad said...

She looks so cute, I can't stand it!!! :) Back pack, hair clips, big smile...LOVE IT! :)

oakridgebaseballwife said...

She is going to be a joy to have in class. I wish she was at Woodland with me!

The Hull Munchkins said...

I find tears in my eyes seeing our sweet little angel starting school!

Oh Anna, you are so precious. I wish I could have hugged your cute neck on your special day.

Have fun my darling and know we are praying for the Lord to have His mighty hand on you as you touch the lives of others in your new class.

Love you sweetie!
-Aunt Paba